Wednesday, March 12, 2014

it's been interesting going through the screwtape letters with my small group. i enjoy the reading because it makes me think and ask questions. it also helps to hear what others think about the topics that are discussed in the letters-- because there's usually more to it than just the church answers. many times i find myself wanting to speak, but struggling with how to put my thoughts into words. after all, there's nothing worse than someone who talks on and on in circles.


c.s. lewis is definitely one of my favorite writers because of his genius with words. 'we have trained them to think of the future as a promised land which favoured heroes attain-- not as something which everyone reaches at a rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.'

1 comment:

  1. yes yes yes, such a genius. love this author & his work. and screwtape letters was definitely a really good one.

    ReplyDelete